Job title: Chief Program and Communications Officer
Duty Station: Sarajevo, BiH (with extensive travel in the SEE Region and EU)
Type of position: RAI Secretariat Core Resident Staff
Eligibility: Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Contract type: Employment Agreement
Contract duration: One year with the possibility of extension
Application deadline: August 31, 2023 (23:59 CEST)
Starting date: ASAP, not later than September 30, 2023
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] (please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject line)
1. BACKGROUNDRegional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) is an intergovernmental regional organization comprised of nine member countries from South East Europe (SEE): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia; and three observers: Poland, Georgia and Slovenia. Kosovo * institutions are the beneficiary of RAI activities.
RAI’s mission is to lead regional cooperation to support anti-corruption efforts by providing a common platform for discussions through sharing knowledge and best practices.
RAI Secretariat is based in Sarajevo and it is the executive body of the Initiative. It facilitates regional cooperation and efforts in curbing corruption in SEE by building on existing actions, through better coordination of all efforts, and by relying on high-level political commitment. The organization adopts human rights-based approach and promotes anti-discrimination by promoting the impact of corruption is looked at from perspectives including gender, disability and poverty.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Secretariat, the Chief Program and Communications Officer proposes program and communications policies of the Organization, maintains efficient and effective programme and communications processes, high service levels and continuously seeks to improve resources utilization. The incumbent has senior responsibility for management of the programmatic aspects of the organization, projects operations, partnerships facilitation and internal and external communication policies. The incumbent is a core member of the Secretariat.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proposes RAI’s Program strategy and standards, and provides general oversight of the Secretariat’s program activities;
- Provides expert and timely advice and recommendations on all programme related matters;
- Facilitates development of Secretariat’s Work Plans, monitors their implementation, and prepares Progress Reports;
- Facilitates development of project proposals and concept papers inclusive of process planning and change management;
- Assists Chief Financial and Operations Officer with formulating project budgets, as well as with receipt of new grants, and compliance with financial reporting procedures;
- Leads internal organisational planning sessions on regular basis;
- Represents the Secretariat in project and funding negotiations and discussions with the donors, partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Leads development of policies concerning monitoring, project-related metrics;
- Identifies potential problems and advises mitigation measures and actions;
- Ensures efficient and timely monitoring and reporting for all Secretariat’s projects;
- Ensures compliance with donor and partners reporting rules and procedures.
- Develops fundraising plan, identifying targets to be completed within specific timeframe;
- Ensures a stable revenue flow for the implementation of the Work Plan and programmatic budget of the Secretariat.
- Leads development of internal and external communication policies;
- Provides expert and timely advice and recommendations on internal and external communications;
- Promotes RAI’s impact on curbing corruption at the regional and national level by ensuring adequate visibility of Secretariat’s achievements and actions.
- Builds, manages and strengthens relationships and partnerships with RAI’s counterparts in members states, other regional and international organisations, donors and civil society by pursuing strategic and policy dialogue.
- Leads development of policies concerning gender mainstreaming and human rights approach;
- Ensures compliance of all staff and projects to adopted gender mainstreaming and human rights policies;
- Acts as a Gender Focal point of the Secretariat.
- He/she performs all tasks relevant to the position of Project Officer(s), in cases of non-recruited or absence of project officer(s) at the operational level.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The Chief Program and Communications Officer shall meet the following requirements:
I. Academic Qualifications:
- University degree (240 ECTS period) in Management, Economics, Development, Public Administration or a related field;
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably with an international organization, in a job-related field with at least three years of professional experience in projects development, project monitoring and reporting, with knowledge of and experience in SEE region;
- Experience in multiple-donor project management;
- Experience in writing funding proposals and project reports as well as familiarity with drafting or managing budgets and/or other financial procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in working with different stakeholders: government institutions, public officials, international organizations, and civil society in SEE region;
- Computer literacy (with ability to operate Content Management System (CMS) would be considered an advantage);
- Experience in communication relevant to public relations and promotion in the public sector.
- Fluency in English both written and oral;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with managers, colleagues, partners and beneficiaries, conveying information clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner;
- Ability to present ideas and plans clearly using the available resources;
- Ability to act proactively and to respond positively, creatively, and constructively to changing situations and new demands;
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships and coalitions, internally and outside the organization;
- Ability to negotiate maximum results from meetings and reach compromises and agreements.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling the universal and EU values and ethical standards;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism.
4. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Eligibility: citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents/information in English to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Cover Letter demonstrating applicant’s motivation and how applicant’s experience and competencies match those required by the Vacancy, including a list of successfully written project proposals (with information on project name, project implementer, donor, project budget, project geographical coverage and timeframe);
- Contact details of two referees familiar with the applicant’s work experience and who can be contacted in English (details shall include email address, phone number and nature of professional relationship);
- Information on availability/commencement date;
- Information on citizenship (indication in the CV or in the Cover Letter is sufficient).
5. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
RAI applies a fair and transparent selection process that takes into account technical qualifications of the potential candidates.
Candidate applications determined as responsive/compliant/acceptable shall be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method, taking into consideration the combination of applicants’ education, qualifications, and experience, as indicated below:
Technical Evaluation – 50%
- Education – qualifying criteria (no points to be allocated);
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role – qualifying criteria (no points to be allocated);
- Proven experience in drafting project proposals; developing and implementing fundraising activities for an organization – 25%
- Experience in project implementation/management; project monitoring and reporting of multiple-donor projects – 10%
- Experience in communication relevant to public relations and promotion in the public sector, with knowledge of and experience in SEE region – 10%
- Demonstrated experience dealing with different stakeholders: government institutions, public officials, international organizations, and civil society in SEE – 5%
- Ability to operate Content Management System (CMS) – BONUS +2%
Interview – 50%
Five candidates receiving the highest score in the technical evaluation process shall be shortlisted for an interview. Interviews may include one or more of the following: written test, job-related examinations, situational exercises, and language tests.
The employment agreement shall be offered to applicant who received the highest score out of the technical evaluation (50% of total score) and interview (50% of total score).
6. CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT
The selected candidate is expected to start working as soon as possible, not later than September 30, 2023.
This is full-time position. Initial appointment is for one year, subject to renewal upon receiving positive performance evaluation. Probation period is 90 days.
RAI offers a compensation package that is competitive and comparable with other regional organizations:
- Annual gross salary: €24.600
- Compulsory pension/health/unemployment insurance in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Travel health insurance;
- Monthly child allowance for children under 18 years of age.
Holidays: 30 days annual leave, holidays observed by the Secretariat available here and 2 days for observance of other holidays.
RAI Secretariat encourages all employees to balance their professional and private life and has introduced a policy recognizing work from home or flexible scheduling.
7. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
All additional questions regarding this vacancy announcement can be submitted via e-mail with a clearly indicated vacancy you are referring to in the subject of the message, to the following email address: va[email protected]. All questions shall be submitted in English.
Questions may be sent not later than five days before the deadline for the submission of the applications. Answers will be provided not later than three days before the application deadline. All questions and answers that may be relevant to other applicants as well will be published on the RAI Secretariat website. Information on senders will not be disclosed.
8. HOW TO APPLY
Full applications with supporting documents shall be sent by midnight of August 31, 2023 (23:59 CEST) by email to RAI Secretariat ([email protected]). Applications submitted by other means (e.g., by fax, via post, in person) shall not be considered.
Job title shall be indicated in the email subject line.
Late and incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Due to the large number of applications, we receive, we are able to inform only the candidates who are short-listed for an interview.
RAI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Qualified women, individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 01.08.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 31.08.2023.)