Balkan Investigative Reporting Network – BIRN Hub, announces a call for the following temporary position:
• (1) Finance Officer- with at least 3 years of relevant experience;
Terms: Full time, 40 hours per week
Working Language: BCMS and English
Experience Level: Minimum Three Years
Start Date: 28 September, 2023
Duration of employment: One year (Maternity leave replacement)
Deadline to Apply: 27 August, 2023
Position – Finance Officer
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Ensuring implementation of financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- Maintaining records and receipts for all daily transactions, financial files and records.
- Ensuring that financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes
- In the absence of Financial Manager, monitoring all bank deposits and payments.
- Registration of new contractors in the Tax Administration, obtaining ID numbers for non-residents.
- Income tax calculations for residents and non-residents.
- Reporting tax through the tax authority software.
- Assisting in preparation and collection of documents and data required for annual accountancy reporting.
- Entering all payment details from bank statement into the ETS software in absence of Administration and Project Assistant.
- Planning, organising and managing own workload to contribute to the association’s monthly financial reporting process being realised in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing documentation for submission to accountants.
- Carrying out preparatory work for the annual audit (printing lists of staff, providing various documentation, calculations, etc.).
- Attending to the needs of the audit.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Providing regular weekly, bi-weekly or monthly reports on performance in the period being reported, and the plan for the upcoming period.
- Maintaining appropriate contacts with BIRN country offices and/or personnel, to ensure the proper execution of the above mentioned duties.
- Carrying out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of BIRN’s work, such as substituting for absent colleagues, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relevant university degree or at least three (3) years of relevant experience instead of a degree.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Experience in non-governmental sector.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
Please submit a detailed CV, a letter of motivation (no more than 1 page) and list of three professional references, with the subject line ‘Finance Officer’, not later than 27 August 2023, to our regional operations unit, at [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BIRN Hub is a nongovernmental organisation, a part of the BIRN Network, working in the field of media development, promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southeast and Central Europe. BIRN has local organisations in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, while the Network is editorially also present in Greece, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. More information on www.birn.eu.com.
BIRN is committed to promoting diversity and gender equality and offers an equal chance to all interested persons, without any prejudice based on any grounds.