Green Agenda – Decarbonization of Electricity Sector of Western Balkans is looking for a JUNIOR ENERGY ADVISOR (m/f/d) Full-time employment (100%) in Sarajevo from 15.09.2023
The regional project “Green Agenda: Decarbonizing the Electricity Sector in the Western Balkans” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (GIZ) GmbH in between 11/2022 and 10/2025.
As a Junior Project Advisor, you will play a crucial role in supporting the project team in planning, implementing, and monitoring various activities and initiatives to achieve the project’s objective – supporting electricity sector actors in feeding-in high shares of Renewable Energy (RE). Focal countries of the position will be Montenegro and Bosnia & Herzegovina in fields of the technological solutions for increased RE feed-in (output 1) and the regulatory framework of RE) (output 2).
- Assisting the Project Manager in the cross-management of project activities
- Co-manage key account for all project stakeholders in Montenegro (MNE) and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
- Focusing on the technical (output 1) and regulatory (output 2) component activities dedicated to Montenegro (MNE) and Bosnia & Herzegovina (BiH) and assisting in rolling-out project activities
- Engage in on-the-ground technological consultancy to main project stakeholders, incl. assessments of new technology, feasibility of technological change, cost-efficiency/commercial viability, availability on the markets and compatibility with conditions in MNE/BiH
- Support project activities in terms of outreach, visibility and results-monitoring
All tasks listed are carried out in close cooperation with the project management of the regional project „Green Agenda: Decarbonization of the Electricity Sector of the Western Balkans“:
- Assist the project team in conducting research and analysis on the electricity sector in the countries of the Western Balkans (WB), including energy consumption, sources, and emissions
- Facilitate technical advisory regarding hardware/software solutions for grid integration of renewable energies into the power grids (output 1) in MNE and BiH
- Support strategic-legal advisory of the regulatory environment regarding the conditions for RE-installations, including set-up, permitting, feed-in, incentive schemes, commerciality, trade & wholesale in BiH and MNE (output 2)
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including government agencies, energy companies, and system operators of MNE and BiH to gather data, collect feedback, and facilitate engagement in project activities
- Assist in organizing workshops, conferences, and training sessions to raise awareness and promote knowledge sharing on decarbonization and clean energy technologies
- Prepare and manage contracts and financing agreements with third parties and service provider, including implementation and follow-up with narrative and financial reporting
- Contribute to the preparation and review of project reports, progress updates, and other documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor project activities, milestones, and budgets, and provide regular updates to the project team
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in the field of decarbonization and clean energy
- Assist in conducting field visits and site assessments to evaluate the feasibility of renewable energy projects and identify potential challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate with other National Project Coordinators of the regional projects in WB to ensure effective knowledge management and sharing of lessons learned
- Perform other tasks assigned by the line manager
Qualification and specialist knowledge:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Economics, Law or other relevant disciplines
- At least 1 year of general working experience in the energy sector or energy-related research & development (general working experience counts for relevant internships equally)
- At least 1 year of specific knowledge and interest of energy policies & technologies, RE, or energy commerce & markets in the WB region
- Experience inside/or cooperation with regulators, grid operators and energy companies
- Experience in capacity-building, i.e. delivering studies, workshops, e-learning courses
- Experience and interest in working in a regional environment (WB countries) and to accompany their approachment to the European Union
Competencies and skills:
- Very good command of spoken and written Bosnian and Montenegrin
- Very good command of spoken and written English; German is an asset
- Effective communication skills
- Proactiveness and constructive thinking
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Very good working knowledge in dealing with IT and use of MS Windows and MS Office program packages (especially Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Good working knowledge in tech-software for i.e. design and planning of power grids, power grid automation and other relevant applications is an asset
- Readiness to engange in frequent (approx. 1 per month) business travel to MNE or other WB countries
We are looking forward to hearing from you what motivates you to work for GIZ as a junior energy advisor.
We kindly ask you to send us your CV (Europass template) and your application documents by 28.08.2023 by e-mail to the following e-mail address:
[email protected] – keyword: Energy – Junior
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written notification.GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. The recognition, appreciation, and integration of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees should be valued – regardless of gender and sexual identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
We would like to increase the proportion of disabled people and would welcome applications to this effect.
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 15.08.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 14 dana (ističe 29.08.2023.)