As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Federal Government in achieving its development policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH within the Energy and Climate Cluster Bosnia and Herzegovina / Western Balkans announces the vacancy for a:
The overall purpose
The local intern will learn about international cooperation and specifically receive insights in the topics of energy and climate, including energy and climate policies, decarbonisation, green energy, urban mobility, electricity sector, energy communities and other topics both in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in the Western Balkans. Furthermore, the intern will have opportunity to learn more about the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans as well as the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy and other regional and global initiatives. The Energy and Climate Cluster BiH / WB currently encompasses four projects – two bilateral (Decarbonisation of the Energy Sector in BiH, Community Action for Energy Transition in BiH) and two regional (Open Regional Fund for South-East Europe – Energy, Transport and Climate Protection, Green Agenda: Decarobnisation of the Electricity Sector in the WB). The intern will have an opportunity to learn the details of communications, including the practice of Public Relations, social media communications and conceptualisation of various communication activities such as events, publications. At the same time, the intern will support the overall implementation of project activities in the area of communications and visibility.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The intern will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supports the Communication Officer and the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist as well as the cluster team in the implementation of the projects in particular when it comes to the following fields of action:
- Support the implementation of communication activities;
- Support to the development and maintance of an Energy & Climate electronic newsletter;
- Support to the regular updating of social media accounts, including support to content generation;
- Support to the compilation and editing of project publications, reports and presentations;
- Support to the development and dissemination of public information materials;
- Support to the knowledge management of the cluster, including collecting, processing, analysing and storing various information from the projects within the cluster.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required and needed for the overall project implementation.
Required qualifications, competences and skills
- University degree (bachelor), or a university student currently enrolled in the final year of undergraduate studies in the fields of Communications, Journalism, Languages, Literature, Social Sciences, or Marketing. Other relevant fields of studies – especially those related directly to the fields of energy, climate, and transport – will also be considered in case the candidate is able to demonstrate strong competences presented below.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- First experiences in writing well elaborated articles and stories
- First experiences in social media communications, including content production and administration
- Experience in analytical work and research; in addition, any experience in behavioural research, e.g., consumer behaviour research, will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in writing and in speech
- Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience in using of the Microsoft Office suite
- High degree of organisation and an eye for details
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- First experiences in energy and climate activities as well as the basic knowledge of the energy and climate field will be considered a strong additional asset
- Experience in working with graphic design software will be considered an additional asset
- Knowledge of the German language will be considered an additional asset
Location: GIZ offices are located in Sarajevo.
Expected start date: 2 October 2023
Duration: The internship is offered with a duration of u 6 months
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to GIZ-[email protected]
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s) or a written proof of enrolment to a university in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- References/ Letters of recommendation
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern – Energy & Climate
Applications that do not meet the application criteria will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 29.09.2023
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written notification.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. The recognition, appreciation, and integration of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees should be valued – regardless of gender and sexual identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
We would like to increase the proportion of disabled people and would welcome applications to this effect.
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 21.09.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 8 dana (ističe 29.09.2023.)